Job Summary (About the Role):
Looking for a Validation Engineer to work on full vehicle, system, and component testing both in the lab and in-field. In this role, you will:
* Develop test methods, fixtures, and benches to validate designs against functional, performance and reliability requirements
* Execute vehicle level and system level tests
* Develop and maintain comprehensive test plans and procedures
* Work closely with the software and hardware engineering project teams to understand requirements and Participate in requirement reviews
* Participate in root cause analysis of test failures
* Assist in troubleshooting issues found during testing
* Analyze test data and present testing results to the broader team to inform design changes As a Senior Validation Engineer, you will be responsible for validating the performance of the Tractor. You will be directly involved in all phases of the testing program from planning to execution.
* Responsibilities include analyzing product features, developing test procedures, troubleshooting failures, and executing tests.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Duties/Competencies (About the Role)
* Act as the project technical leader to gather and understand all related information for technical advancement & provide technical guidance to junior test engineers
* Work with cross-functional teams on testing needs and use cases to improve utilization and efficiency
* Develop DVPs and test timing to meet company milestones
* Design, build, bring up, and maintain test infrastructure needed for hardware, software, and system integration development and validation
* Capture and analyze test data for failure analysis and performance improvements
* Create and maintain test strategy, test cases and test plans based on test scenarios and requirements; define metrics, interfaces, and develop test methods for vehicle testing
* Source and manage test instrumentation and testing equipment
* Participate in design review and xFMEA meetings to ensure lessons learned and best practices are incorporated.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent
* 6-8 years of experience in product validation
* Experience with DFMEAs
* Experience in requirements management
* Understanding of network protocols (eg. CAN, LIN, Ethernet etc)
* Hands-on experience working with and debugging complex hardware and software systems
* Experience with automotive, agricultural or off-road vehicle engineering development, durability testing, drive/duty cycle development Working Conditions/Physical Requirements (About the environment)
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
* Working environment is primarily indoors (office and production environment), however, at times job may require time spent outdoors
* Regularly required to sit, stand and walk and occasionally kneel or squat
* May be required to work overtime based on business needs
* Limited travel may be required