Job Title: Engineering Technician III
Location: Fargo North Dakota
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Understanding of how to machine parts to print.
2. Understanding of how to program a CNC machine.
3. Participate in Fixture Kick-off meetings with Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineers.
4. Assist in troubleshooting fixture fit-up and design issues.
5. Correspond with technical support via telephone, e-mail, verbal or other means to resolve technical issues appropriately.
6. Assist process engineers on Essentials Job Functions as required.
7. Ability to work overtime, cover activities on other shifts and attend off-site training.
8. Willingness to work independently as well as lead a team based environment as required.
9. Perform other associated tasks as required from supervisor or manager.
A.S. in Electronics or a two-year technical diploma, equivalent military certification or equivalent experience
Minimum 3 years of related experience in electronics, manufacturing, or engineering is required; 7 or more years of related experience is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills, enabling correspondence with internal departments, vendors, and customers and be able to travel independently to a customer site
2. Working knowledge of personal computers, spreadsheets, and word processing
3. Understanding of manufacturing processes and electronic components
4. Possess a thorough understanding of CNC machines, lathes, surface grinders, and measuring equipment (e.g., calipers and micrometers)
5. Hands-on experience troubleshooting to identify root cause
6. Ability to read advanced engineering documents, e.g., schematics or diagrams
7. Maintain necessary product records and documentation
8. Ability to assemble and disassemble products or manufacturing equipment
9. Ability to perform intermediate mechanical work; good mechanical aptitude
10. Ability to train or direct other technicians
11. Ability to learn advanced computer applications
12. Ability to research, tabulate, and summarize data
13. Ability to work with little or no supervision
1. Understanding of lean manufacturing
2. Experience programming CNC machines
3. Knowledge of how to work with Feature-Cam or Creo in creating or modifying a CNC program
4. Welding TIG and MIG