Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer II
Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process.
Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise product delivery process or the enterprise order fulfillment process.
At this level, projects are of moderate scope and responsibility or may be a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process; decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors and/or managers.
May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work for support personnel, contractors and suppliers.
Required education in order of preference:
1) B.S. Weld Engineering/Weld Engineering Technology
2) Manufacturing Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering with Weld Emphasis,
3) B.S. Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Engineering with 3 yrs Automated Weld Experience
3 or more years of experience in the following areas:
* Demonstrated Fanuc Robotics Programming Knowledge & Experience
* Demonstrated PLC Logic Understanding and Troubleshooting
* Demonstrated experience with welding of High Strength, low alloy steel
* Demonstrated experience with fabrication processes including laser cutting and bending
* Understanding of safety critical welded structures and critical asset management
* Understanding of GD&T, Tool Design, & 3D Modeling
MAJOR DUTIES: Description of the major duties performed
in this job.
* Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
* Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
* Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
* Develops and implements plans to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System of moderate scope. Designs operations layouts. Improves material flow and material presentation.
* Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
* Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
* Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.