As an Electrification Product Engineer in the Power Electronic Systems & Components team, you will be joining an innovative team on the cutting edge of power electronics technology for electric drive vehicles and next generation power electronic modules for stationary applications. You will have the opportunity to define, validate and directly engage with suppliers on the development of a machine inverter for a specific platform. The power electronic component team is responsible for end to end design and development of power electronics for multiple applications and you will have the opportunity to work with the 35+ strong team in New Product Introduction (NPI) in a way that leads to a robust product that meets documented performance requirements leading to stable production. Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to identifying technology and base of supply for power electronic components, lead discussions with machine, component and system engineers and suppliers to develop requirements for power electronics, creating test plans in alignment with the validation engineer and design engineers to be performed in house or at suppliers, documenting test results, supporting component tear down and inspection.
Responsibilities typically include:
* Working with the systems and machine teams to define PDU & DC/DC Converter requirements.
* Developing test and validation plans for components and power electronics systems
* Performing lab tests to validate components from a performance and product quality perspective.
* Analyzing and documenting test data
* Communicate results and make recommendations to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Validating and implementing product solutions
* Documenting findings in technical reports
* Maintain technical currency
* Support inverter testing at various test facilities (Mossville AC, PPG, TC-G, suppliers etc.) Position involves working in a team environment
Typical working hours from 8am - 4pm Central Time - US. Day to day work will be variable but will regularly consist of interacting with the design and validation team. Core hours are 9-3 with some level of flexibility to enable global work
Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum or an EET or MET degree . Prefers minimum of 2-4 years of relevant work experience/internship exp, willing to accept candidates with lesser experience.
Technical Skills Required
* Demonstrated experience with requirements generation and verification required
* Demonstrated experience with supplier interactions on new component development required
* Experience using electronic test equipment for troubleshooting electrical components and systems (oscilloscope, DVM, function generator, etc.) required
* Basic modelling skills in Creo, Autodesk, Solidworks or equivalent.
* Experience with cables, harnesses, interconnects
* Experience with High Voltage systems and safety
* Prefer experience with power electronics component development
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with good oral and written communication skills
* Knowledgeable with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or similar software office packages
* Data acquisition tool experience
* Experience with APQP/ PPAP / FMEA / DVP&R / Proactive Reliability processes
Soft Skills Required
* Must be a good team player and have the desire to work in field/shop/lab environments
* Experience working safely around high voltage equipment & components
* Flexible attitude and willingness to do work not necessarily technical in nature
* Able to work with a global team