**Position is located in Thibodaux, LA**
* Plans, coordinates, develops and procures new concepts and designs for tooling to facilitate the implementation of new and revised products into the core manufacturing processes.
* Applies necessary Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and uses technical judgment and experience to evaluate various designs while maintaining and supporting current operations.
* Work at this level typically involves design of complex and simple weld fixtures, gauges, and templates.
* Provides technical direction and knowledge in design reviews.
* Provides direction to fixture builders to ensure intent of tooling.
* Development or modification of weld tooling to meet design specifications
* Provides on-going production support to tooling concerns including quality of the part and functionality of the tool.
* Provides estimated tooling costs and lead times for major tooling.
* Processes tooling requests on new or revised parts to determine exact tooling requirements and determines type of tool needed.
* Procures the required tooling from internal tool room or external tool suppliers and implements into production.
* Actively participate in projects to improve safety, quality and efficiency.
* Performs workflow (SAP) task defining manufacturing processes on a part-level basis
* Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. - Technical degree or apprenticeship (3-4 years or equivalent).
* Minimum of 5 years technical experience.
* Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
* Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools, preferable Creo.
* Has an expert understanding of the principles, can apply the information to complex situations, solve complex problems, conduct research.